I am a lazy cook and am always looking for quick recipes that take less than an hour to prepare.
In our household, roasted potatoes in the oven are a quick and easy side dish to make and we are always looking for good recipes. And for those of you who enjoy oven roasted potatoes know that some personal modifications to a recipe make the presentation all the more enjoyable to eat.
Grated Parmesan cheese is one of my favorite cooking ingredients and I was therefore pleased to locate a recipe for Parmesan Roasted Potatoes the other night by private chef and recipe developer, Gaby Dalkin on her great blog,
Not only is Ms. Dalkin’s potato recipe simple to make, but her easy recipe directions and actual photos make this a very attractive visual blog.
Ms. Dalkin’s recipe is the following with my personal notations in red:
Ingredients & Directions for Gaby Dalkin’s Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
- 4 cups cubed Yukon Gold potatoes (we used young, peeled, and sliced red potatoes and did not measure out the exact amount of potatoes)
- 3 tbsp olive oil (use the olive oil sparingly to avoid oily potatoes)
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp salt (we avoid salt in most of our recipes)
- 2 tsp paprika (did not have paprika, so substituted with dill)
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 tbsp Parmesan cheese (I did not measure the cheese out and was very generous)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the cubed potatoes or cut up potatoes into a baking dish. Spray the baking dish with a baking spray too to eliminate possible sticking (I did not follow Ms. Dalton’s advice and the baking dish is now soaking in the sink to be washed this morning!)
- Mix the olive oil, garlic salt, salt (we did not use), paprika, (again I substituted with dill) pepper and Parmesan cheese and mix those ingredients over your potatoes coating each individual potatoe piece. (Ms Dalton recommends mixing with your hands—-I did and it was the best cooking advice!)
- Transfer the baking dish into the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and toss the potatoes with a pair of tongs.
- Put the baking dish back into the oven and bake for about 15 – 25 minutes more until they are golden and crispy.
Food presentation is a big deal and we encourage you to visit Hametownshoppes to view or purchase form our selection of Made in the USA Pottery Dinnerware by Emerson Creek Pottery and Hartstone Pottery.
Several Hartstone and Emerson Creek Pottery Designs to View or Purchase: